Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Jindabyne

So here I am in the chilly Snowy Mountains. What a thriving hive of masculinity. Some cynics might suggest that I would enjoy that, but in fact quite the opposite is true: it makes me quite uncomfortable.

It's been a strange holiday. I've had a shocking dose of the 'flu, and haven't actually done anything except stay in the lodge and feel sorry for myself. Not much of a holiday, but actually it's been better than staying at home and feeling sorry for myself.

Every now and then I think "well, I don't feel *too* terrible just at the moment, perhaps I should have gone skiing with the gang today". Then I stand up from the lounge, and think "Oh. No, I really couldn't have gone skiing today."

We've had beautiful weather though - sunny and icy cold. Just the sort of weather I usually love. And I do love it still, but I prefer to look on it through the window.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Retro Seamstress said...

Sounds like a good time to curl up in front of a roaring fire with a good book and a glass of brandy or schnapps (medicinal of course)

5:11 pm  
Blogger Dr Krystal said...

Isn't that the point of going to the snow?

Who wants to be out in the drizzling grey sleet and get soggy and cold, trying to avoid being mowed down by a gaggle of fifteen year old snow boarders whilst feeling the icey water slowly seep into your ski-boots?

Going to the snow is ALL about red wine and open fires and toasted marshmellows and gripping novels and playing chess and sighing wistfully at the beautiful landscape... isn't it?

Or did I miss something?

9:32 pm  
Blogger Dr Krystal said...

Ok.. I've looked at this entry for long enough!

WRITE MORE IN YOUR BLOG !

*hugs*

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home