Saturday, January 06, 2007

To Interview, or not to Interview

Naughtily, I'm writing this blog entry from work. But since it's Saturday, I don't feel too guilty about it. Actually, I'm not here for work purposes, but waiting for a phone interview. It's 20 minutes past the hour, and there's been no call yet. The last time this interview was scheduled, there was no call either. And the one before that, which did eventually happen, at least, had a false start as well. I'm starting to get a complex about this.

There're any number of things that could have gone wrong. Our phone system is down this morning, and although it was supposed to be back up again at 9:30, half an hour before my interview, it still isn't working. But I did warn the recruitment coordinator that that might happen, and she made a note of my mobile number in case the interviewer couldn't get through.

Or we could have had another scheduling issue. It's hard, organising an phone conversation between two people in different time zones, when neither of those times zones are the one that you're in.

Or it could be that the interviewer isn't in the time zone that we thought, and s/he'll call just as soon as I give up and walk out the door. Assuming that the interviewer isn't in Hawaii, I should be right to give up on it in about an hour and a half.

So here I am, seemingly in the middle of a second failed attempt at a second interview.

I really am starting to get a complex about this.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Retro Seamstress said...

You'd think they'd just use world clock or something. It really isn't that hard to do.

So did you end up getting a call?

9:58 am  
Blogger Escheresque said...

No, I didn't get a call. When Monday hits Europe in about 5 hours, I might find out what happened.

3:20 pm  
Blogger AutumnHeart said...

Found you!

Any news on the interview yet? It seems to be most rude of them, I must say - unless this is some sort of warped test to see how much prospective employees really care about getting though...and even then, it's still rude.

SMH had an article on their hiring techniques today, but no actual useful conclusions as far as I can see.

1:31 pm  
Blogger Escheresque said...

The interview has been rescheduled. No explanation as yet as to why it didn't happen on Saturday.

Interesting article. I wonder how I'd figure out my GPA.... Oh well, it's probably better that I plead ignorance anyway.

3:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home