Monday, January 22, 2007

Yet another interview

It seems that I've successfully jumped all the hoops so far, and so Thursday week will see my first face to face interview. It's starting to get serious, now.

This one will be in Sydney, but if I get past this hurdle, the next one could be really "onsite"! That would be exciting in itself, even if I didn't get the position, but I would have to think that if they were willing to fund travel and accommodation to the tune of several thousand dollars, that they were pretty keen, and that I would really have to fuck up from that point on not to get it.

That's my rationale for thinking that this coming interview will be the last real hoop to jump. It's been a long process, and a bit draining, mostly on account of the waiting. It's been over two months since they first contacted me; and I would expect the whole process to take at least another month, if it goes to completion.

So that's where that's at.

This post brought to you at Autumnheart's urging :)

3 Comments:

Blogger AutumnHeart said...

Awesome news - knew you'd do it!

I definitely agree that you're well past the 'thin out the applicants' stage and into the important bit: face to face you'll do just fine.

*sends good interview thoughts your way*

12:26 am  
Blogger Dr Krystal said...

Sweetheart!

You'll be over on this side of the world in no time. I can't wait!! We can take a weekend trip to venice, catch up for coffee in vienna and drink champagne together in champagne!!!

*huge hugs*

4:26 am  
Blogger Escheresque said...

Darling, I hope so too! But you *mustn't* jinx me! One thing my many years' life experience has taught me is that wanting something too much isn't a stable position, and one is therefore situated only to sabotage oneself.

So, if not this one, then the next. And if not that one....

11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home