Wednesday, January 10, 2007

To Interview!

We finally managed to get the interview done.

Autumnheart pointed out this article to me yesterday, which almost had me withdrawing my application in light of the embarrassment that was about to befall me. However, I stuck it out, and actually found this interview easier than the first one. It helps that I had a bit of an idea of what to expect.

In reference to the "intractable brain teasers" mentioned in the article, I would have to say that I haven't seen any of them yet. You wouldn't be able to answer the questions if you didn't know what you were talking about, but I'd hardly call them intractable.

In any case, it's not over yet, I would say.

One of the really great things about the new Blogger is RSS feeds for comments. I'll be adding comments feeds to my reader for all the usual suspects, so I'll be better able to track your comments.

If you guys all do the same, you'll see when I reply to one of your comments, without having to look down the list of posts and say "hmm, I think there were only 4 comments last time, and now there's 5. I wonder if he's replied to something I said. Better check."

You get the idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger AutumnHeart said...

I'm glad everything got sorted out, and went well - go you.

I definitely didn't intend to add stress by sending you article link, so my apologies for that! I think I was more thinking that they're interested in more than just immediately-measurable technical knowledge, so the telnet protocol questions and big-O notation are not likely to be deal breakers.

Anyway, I'm sending good luck thought your way for whatever is the next stage,

- A.

1:47 pm  
Blogger Escheresque said...

Well, I landed the Big-Oh stuff this time! And I muttered for a little while about the Java constant pool, which I think the interviewer was impressed with.

Otherwise, I had solutions for every problem they asked me, which wasn't the case last time. So I'm feeling a bit better about this one.

The next stage is face-to-face interviews, which look like being held in Sydney, as opposed to anywhere more exotic.

1:57 pm  
Blogger The Retro Seamstress said...

You'll have to show me how to do the comment feed thing in google reader. I selected "full" to all site feed options on my blogs.

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home