Friday, March 30, 2007

My tale of woe

Here's a sorry story if ever I heard one.

Alcohol currently has a disasterous effect on me. Let me explain.

I've been sick with the flu for over two weeks now, and in amongst all that coughing and spluttering I seem to have pulled a muscle somewhere on my left side. This never quite gets a chance to heal, since I'm still coughing and spluttering at regular intervals. I'm usually OK in the mornings, having been lying still and not coughing for the last several hours, but by the late afternoon I'm in a fair bit of pain. By the time I get home, I'm almost doubled over, and head straight for bed.

So here's where alcohol fits in. Somehow, it seems to make me cough more.

Last night I had a few (lovely) glasses of wine with Blayney Boy, while discussing life, the universe and everything (well, ok, actually a proper subset thereof). I was there for about an hour, I suppose. I limped out to the car, and actually had to crawl up the stairs when I got home because I couldn't stand upright.

I was reluctant to believe it was the alcohol, the solution being one I didn't like to consider, but thinking back, it seems to be consistent. This afternoon, I've had a beer with the lads at work, and low and behold, I'm now very sore.

Alcohol does make me cough more. It will be interesting to see what singing does - I can't put off rehearsing any longer, our major recording is on Monday night. I'd better be feeling better by then, otherwise.... well I don't know what, but it will be bad.

I guess I'm off the booze for a little while :-(

5 Comments:

Blogger AutumnHeart said...

Alas, a fate worse than, well, feet? Or something.

I hope you feel better soon, and that your recording on Monday goes well. It that an In Dulci thing, or a different choir?

9:34 pm  
Blogger Escheresque said...

This one's for Capella. I don't have anything to do with In Dulci.

I have new and exciting drugs to get me through, so I should be OK!

9:17 am  
Blogger AutumnHeart said...

I have a horrible habit of losing track of which groups my more musical friends belong to - and I know ID were planning a recording at some point, hence the assumption.

Best of luck for today,
- A.

12:45 pm  
Blogger Escheresque said...

Thank you! This is quite a serious recording, being done by ABC Classic FM for their "Rising Stars" programme. Details to follow when I know a broadcast date.

12:51 pm  
Blogger AutumnHeart said...

Sounds fabulous - I've caught that programme quite a few times, and the standard is really high. I'll look forward to hearing it!

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home